Monday 26 November 2012

Ms Stubbs' Year 9 Food Technology Class I FJ Reflections 2012!

My name is Rachel, and this semester in food tech i have continued to learn how i can create delicious and healthy food from ingredients i can find in the fridge. I have enjoyed learning about sustainability in everyday life, and the vitamins and minerals in foods i eat. I have loved food tech this year and can't wait to do it in year 10!

This semester in food tech we learnt a lot about the basics of cooking. One of my favourite meals we cooked was the calzones. Learning how to cook with yeast was something i was interested in and hadn't done before. We learned a lot of neat tricks that can help us prepare meals and snacks. My knowledge of nutrion and sustainability has improved greatly! I am very glad to have chosen food tech this year, and am very proud of what i have achieved!
by Gillian B

In food tech this year i enjoyed learning how to make a cake from scratch. At home i enjoy cooking cakes but i always make them from the packet. The buttercake was rich and moist. It was really easy to make and decorate with the icing that was also a lot of fun. I made a sponge bob cake.
from Lexi

My name is Yanfi!
This year in Food Tech i have learnt various simple recipes that i can cook for myself or my family. Honestly, I'm not that great in cooking and my food may not have come out perfect, but i know that if i practice more on it, it'll be great . I love food tech because it not only teaches me how to cook , but how to eat healthily as well. It was better than i expected.

Hi my name is Shorouq,
i learn in Food Tech this year how to make some fast and nice kinds of food. The best meal that i had done is the lunch meal. I've done chicken tandoori, rice and vegetables and fruit kebabs. It was perfect and i learnt to make  a cakwe too. I was very happy in food tech so i am going to do it in year 10.

My name is Nick Z,
i liked food tech this year because we cooked a lot of different foods/ meals.

This year in Food Tech we learnt how o make wonderful dishes that looked and tasted great!
by Adam Plancke

My name is Sam and this year in food tech i learned how i can make healthy meals from scratch that taste good and look fabulous.

My name is Alex and i was part of Ms Stubbs' food tech class. This semester i enjoyed learning more recipes that i can cook for any time of the day. I guess the most memorable moment was when i fainted, hit my head on the basin and had to go to hospital, nevertheless it was a great semester.
(Lucky i saved the gnochi for you and your family..Ms Stubbs)

From Jack, Jacob and Johnson,

Jack- This year i learnt how to eat healthy and how to preserve earth's resources. I've learnt how to cook healthy foods and delicious meals.

Jacob- This year i have choose food tech, i found a little bit change of my living life. I start to think about which food is healthy and good for human body. I learn how to make a cake that is less fat. I really enjoy the time.

Johnson- I learnt how to cook ... end of story!

Written by Ms Stubbs' 9IFJ Food Technology Class Semester 2 2012... a great bunch of kids!
 
Lexi's SpogeBob cake seen below!


Now Check out this animated video clip that explains what SUSTAINABILITY is? Why it is so important for us all to make changes to the way we use earth's resources both at school, work and home?!



FOOD FOR THOUGHT, HEY?
cya Ms Stubbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment